When people come to me about contact with the body, I understand that there is a long road ahead. We literally have to grow new connections in the brain together in order for a person to feel the body.
The most important thing in this work is constant practice. This is how neural pathways grow. Better every day for 5 minutes than once a week for 3 hours. It’s true. Communication with the body should become a habit.
Therefore, I have collected my favorite bodily practices in a post. These exercises will not take much time and are suitable for daily practice.
• Press lightly with bare feet on the floor. Feel the support of the feet.
• Draw the card of the day from the Tarot deck or metaphorical cards. Feel how the image in the body responds.
• Take your favorite oil or cream and massage your belly. Listen carefully to the sensations in your body.
• Practice slow breathing. Place your hands on your stomach so that your fingertips touch each other.
Take a deep breath in with your belly, feel how your fingers “part”, and as you exhale, meet again. Inhalation equals exhalation. 20 seconds to inhale and 20 to exhale.
But don’t worry if you can’t breathe that deeply right away. This skill is being developed. You can practice at any time of the day.
• Sleeping breath. We lengthen the exhalation. The ideal combination: inhale for 3 seconds, exhale for 7. We imitate the breathing of a sleeping person, so we practice before going to bed.
• Turn on calm music and swing to it.
• Allow yourself to lie down with your eyes closed for 15 minutes and do nothing.
• Heat a towel in hot water, wring out, put on the face for 1 minute to open the pores. Make a face massage with oil.
• Make a foot massage.
• Stand up against a naked mirror and look at yourself. Track the emotions and thoughts that appear at this moment.
• Ask the body what it would like right now. Fulfill his wish.
Here are some simple techniques.
How do you connect with the body?