78 cards that help many to see the future. The deck of cards consists of Major, Minor and Court Arcana.
First of all, you need to understand that any tarot deck, be it made by a great magician or drawn by hand, is a tool. The deck itself carries very little of its own energy, it is rather the energy of the drawings themselves, the one that the artist put in.
If you decide to purchase a Tarot deck, but still do not know how to choose it, if a few practical tips:
- Learning to read any deck requires basic knowledge. This knowledge is very easy to acquire if the first deck in your arsenal is the Rider-Waite deck. In many decks, the Minor Arcana are stylized drawings of the number of Cups, Staves, Pentacles, or Cups. The Rider-Waite deck provides an illustration for each card, which helps to remember the meanings, or at least restore them in the course of fortune-telling, just by looking at the plot depicted in the picture.
- To choose a deck, be guided by your own feelings. Go to the store, where they are allowed to hold the deck in their hands, look at the pictures. Choose cards that you like purely visually.
- Practicing tarot readers have noticed that decks can be divided into “light” and “dark”. But! – this does not apply at all to their own energy. This applies to the drawings that are depicted on the cards, or to what the deck is for. For example, there is the Guardian Angels Tarot, a very light and beautiful deck. And there is the Tarot Black Grimoire, or the beautiful Tarot of Baphomet, on which you can look at what kind of negative a person is, or what kind of demons are sitting inside him.
And so, you have chosen a deck, brought it home. In order to start working with it, you will need a lot of auxiliary things.
- Blue or white candle. The fire of such a candle helps the deck itself to tune in to you.
- Bedspread. This attribute is needed if you are guessing on the table at which you are eating. And the problem isn’t that cards don’t like the energy of food. It’s just that they can stick together from crumbs.
- Book with interpretations. Usually a Small White Book is attached to the deck, but it is not enough. There are several good interpretation books for each deck. Personally, I can recommend two authors who are well versed in general tarot concepts.
This is Hajo Banzhaf and Mary Greer. You can take almost any of their books, they are focused on the Tarot reader of any preparation and will be of interest to everyone.
You decided to tell fortunes, but where to start? Tip: get to know the deck. Shuffle it. There are so many “rules” about how to shuffle a deck and draw cards. But I recommend that you find your own way, the one that is convenient for you.
But drawing cards is still better with your left hand. Shuffle the deck well and ask her the question: “How do you feel about me, deck?” Draw out the card and try to interpret it using the materials you have and your own opinion about the card.
There is a ritual to “revive the deck”, but I have never used it. Just “clean” the deck with four elements – water, candle, salt and incense stick smoke.
There are many ways to memorize the meaning of the cards. One of them I call “working out”. It also suits when it seems to you that the deck for some reason does not want to answer. Ask a friend to ask the deck a question to which he knows the answer, but you do not. And draw out 1-3 cards, trying to interpret the situation.
Another way – in the morning or in the evening of each day, take out one card from the deck, trying to understand how it relates to your day.
Good luck with your Practice!